Gone are the days where I sit and listen to bloggers and YouTube reviews on specific products. One thing I’ve realised is that the less products that I use the better. This is my daily skin care routine so what may work for me may not necessarily work for your skin, and it’s always best to find what works for yourself.
About my skin
- Earlier last month, I visited my local Clinique store for a skin consultation just to identify what my skin type was and just to ensure I was using suitable products on my skin. The skin consultant asked a fair amount of questions about my skin and my diet. After the discussion she told me that my skin type was dry/combination but more on the dry side. She advised that moisture was something that my skin lacked and recommended that I look into purchasing and using their Clinique More Than Moisture from the Clinique set or I invest in a very good hydrating set of my choice especially in the cold winter.
- Since a young age I’ve suffered from Eczema but due to prescription lotions and creams this has reduced.
- I don’t seem to get many spots or pimples and I’m currently working on gaining an even skin tone.
- I tend to eat fruits which are rich in Vitamin C such as strawberries, oranges and tomatoes as well as lean meat and poultry.
My Current Skincare Routine (A/W)
- Whether or not I’m wearing make-up, on a daily basis I wipe my face with a cleansing wipe. This is done on a daily basis, once when I wake up and again at night (whether or not I’m wearing make-up). I use Boots Essential Cleansing Wipe for dry skin. These are great as they don’t leave your skin with that dry feeling.
- After I splash my face with warm/hot water and use two/three pumps of the Tea Tree Lemon Facial Wash (this is done both in the day and night). This is applied in a soft circular motion to ensure it gets beneath the skin. This is left on for 5-10 minutes and then washed off with lukewarm water.
3. With a clean cotton pad or facial cloth I then apply an ample amount of the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner to help cleanse the skin and help shrink the appearance of pores.
4. As I suffer from dry skin (especially in the winter) the cream that I apply to my face is paramount and from a very young age I’ve been using Diprobase Cream Emollient (which has helped a lot with the dry skin and Eczema). This is given to me on prescription. This is applied paying particular attention to the dry areas on my face. However, because of the consistency and thickness of the Diprobase I’ve started using Aveeno Moisturising Cream as this is less thick in consistency.
As lengthy as this process may sound, these are the steps that I take to ensure my skin is well looked after. I do this process daily. For my lips, I apply Vaseline or Urban Decay Rehab Lip Love at night (and throughout the day) to ensure my lips are soft in the morning.
On the rare occasion, when I feel like my face is in dire need of treatment, I tend to use the products below as well (products listed below). At least once a week I’ll steam my face with a facial steamer.
1. Simple: Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash
2. Tea Tree Oil
3. Garnier Moisture Radiance: Daily Energising Gel Moisturiser: Dull Skin
4. Dead Sea Purifying Clay Mask.
5. The Body Shop: Vitamin E: Sink-In Moisture Sleeping Mask
6: Ocean Salt: Face & Body Scrub
Thank you for reading lovelies x
Do you use any of the products which I use? Similar? Different? Let me know.
Have a festive Christmas and a happy new year ☃️✨
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram: MarieanneMartins